8 Habits of Highly Effective People
Success and effectiveness don’t come for free. Sometimes we have to challenge ourselves – push our limits and strive to do better in order to garner the results we truly want. In order to be effective in our personal and professional lives, it’s sometimes helpful to consider the habits of highly effective people.
If embracing new positive ways of thinking and putting into action positive habits means getting closer to your personal goals, it’s worth a try! Your health and wellbeing are the first important details to take note of when considering the best way to move forward. Without your wellness in mind, changing for the better to become even more successful may seem difficult. Below are 8 habits that highly effective people focus on in order to live life positively and to the fullest extent!
8 Habits of Highly Effective People
Sometimes all we need to do to set ourselves on the right foot is to change our attitudes. Even if we’re already doing well in life, content, happy but just want a little boost, making a point of handling controversy and change in a positive light can make a bit of difference. Below are a few habits that have been found in people who are climbing the personal and professional ladders. These habits can be adopted by anyone, in your personal life, in the workplace, and even by leadership looking out for employee wellbeing. Encouraging good habits can only lead to greater things!
- Personal care – It’s important for your personal wellness to listen to your body, take time for yourself, and realise when you need a moment to yourself. This also means knowing when to say no, and standing up for yourself when you’re being spread too thin. Asking too much of anyone can run them down and we can’t ask for our best if we’re tired, emotionally or physically.
- Be proactive – Some people may see this as the #1 priority when it comes to defining effective habits. Don’t wait for opportunities to come to you. Don’t wait for the right diet, or the right situation to join the gym. While we don’t ever have complete control over every situation we face, we have the ability to positively influence it by setting actions into play.
- Get organised – It’s hard to make a plan if your desk, drawers, fridge, etc are a mess. Take the time to clean it up – a place for everything and everything in its place! This might be a hard habit to keep up, but once you get the hang of it, you might just be surprised at how many facets of your life this impacts.
- Teamwork – Recognising your strengths and weaknesses is imperative to overall growth. That’s why effective and successful people are also very good at working with others to achieve an end goal. Realising what everyone can contribute, using their strengths and using them as sounding boards is a great way to push yourself to grow, especially in the workplace!
- Positive attitude – We’re all human, so it can be easy to slip into a dark dread some days – it’s silly to imply that just thinking positively will change the world, but it can be a really effective tool. It also helps people around you interact in a more positive way, and this can help with the teamwork aspect of being highly effective.
- Prioritise – This habit may go hand in hand with organisation, but it’s important when it comes to your health and wellbeing. Being able to prioritise your workload will help you with task management both at home and in the workplace.
- Network – Get out there and meet people! Ok, ok…we know that not everyone is bubbling with eagerness when it comes to social interactions, but push yourself to link up with people in your industry or who share similar likes. Find networking events near to you here.
- Be frugal – Money doesn’t grow on trees, so on par with being organised and prioritising, being frugal is an important habit effective people rely on. We’re not saying they button down the hatches and don’t spend, but it’s wise to spend smartly, and enjoy yourself when you need it.
Overall, maintaining mental and physical wellness while focusing on some of these habits can definitely change your path. These habits are not only healthy, but if taken one step at a time, can positively impact your daily life forever!
At hug we are not concerned with corporate buzz words, we care about facts and evidence based methods to deliver real time holistic support for your employees. We want you to gain critical insights on your workforce and use hug data to measure the impact of products and services you offer employees. Book a demo by clicking here today.